We are finishing our burger map project in class today. I will run through all these steps, but you may find this useful so that you can follow along. First, make sure you are logged in to your Google account. Then:
- Click here to go to the map.
- Save it to “My Places.”
- Enter the address of your project (for instance, 27 Berkeley St., Boston, MA).
- Select “Save to map.”
- Select “Boston Burgers.”
- Go to “My Places” and choose “Boston Burgers.”
- Click on “Edit.”
- Click on the blue “27 Berkeley St.” icon — not on the map, but a little farther down on the left-hand side.
- Now go to the box that opened up on the map itself. For the title, replace “27 Berkeley St.” with your name.
- In the text box below, select anything Google may have already put there — text and pictures — it and delete it.
- Insert a picture — thumbnail size from Flickr is best. Remember, it has to be a picture that’s online. Google Maps does not let you upload a photo.
- Below the picture: The burger place you visited, i.e., Fred’s Real Horse Burgers, 27 Berkeley St., Boston
- Highlight the text Sizzlin’ Social Media and link it directly to your final project.